- Tour guide 8.00 to 10.00 CUC per day per tour participant
- Tour driver 5.00 to 7.00 CUC per day per tour participant
Tipping and gratuities guideline for Cuba
How much should I tip in Cuba?
Amounts most Americans share with tour staff
Tips for other Cubans who help during your stay
- Restaurant staff 1.00 CUC or 10% per meal per tour participant
- Hotel porters 1.00 CUC or more if you have lots of luggage
- Chambermaids 1.50 CUC per day per participant
- Museum guides and special guides 1.00 CUC per participant
- Musicians at restaurants 1.00 CUC per participant
What about “gifting” in lieu of tips?
Cubans in the tourist industry need cash to spend on the things they really need. They already receive a lot of leftover toothpaste, toiletries and other stuff visitors leave behind.
However, if you make a special friend, then a nice gift is always appropriate, together with personal things you don’t need to take home. Learn more about donations and gifts for your new Cuban friends.